Translate

Sunday, August 30, 2020

August WOOFA project Done!

Yes!  My vintage quilt repair is finished!  As many of you already know the story of this quilt.....the very first quilt I ever attempted somewhere around the year 1973 or 1974 didn't go well......I had to send it to my Mom to bail me out....I think all I sent her were the blocks I had finished and some I hadn't finished and she gave me back a completed quilt.  Over the years all the old cotton batting had clumped together (the quilting had been done with the tie method) so I pulled it all out and the quilt lay in my UFO pile for years waiting to be reborn.............until NOW!

I was able to salvage a lot, not all ) of Mama's hand stitching on the edges when I did the repair......I used a low-loft cotton/poly blend to fill it then did a meandering FMQ all over except for the stars..........which I tied last of all in the center with a yellow yarn....









Thanks to the lovely Cheryll for hosting WOOFA to help us all work on our UFO's!  Please click below to see other finishes for this month's WOOFA challenge!





652 best images about quilt quotes on Pinterest


8 comments:

Maria said...

WOW! You did a fabulous repair on the vintage quilt.... looks great.

Karen's Korner said...

Great job on the repair.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very pretty. A job well done :)

Cheryll said...

You did a fantastic job repairing the quilt. It will now last as a memory of you & your Mums efforts for another 50 years. Congrats on accomplishing your WOOFA too... xox

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida well done my friend that would not of been an easy job and the quilt looks awesome and will survive for many more years to come,take care and stay safe my friend xx

Lin said...

You have done a great job on rejuvenating your quilt Ida - congratulations. xx

Hilachas said...

Wow! That “colcha” is beautiful. I had forgotten that it’s so pretty. I’m glad you got it repaired. You and Mama did a beautiful job on it.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That's a wonderful finish! You saved something that has so many memories and now it will last for lots more years. I love the quote - might have to steal that one!