Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Long Time Gone.....more pineapples....more gnomes....less WOOFA....

 Ok so I guess I'm officially on a new tangent....I am really stoked about this new UFO Long Time Gone Quilt....I found another pineapple block pattern which I thought was really different from the first one and also a lot faster to make on my embroidery machine:

The new one (on the left) has a really large center patch set on point and over all,  I like this pattern better than the first pattern (on the right).   But I don't like that all the points on the patch are cut off....

Even so, I think it looks more "pineappley" (is that a word?) 

Or I could use an Alice in Wonderland word, "muchier"

...the new block as pineapples go is muchier than the other one......( I am definitely digressing here.....)

ok... since I didn't like the cut-off points,  I edited both patterns in my embroidery software, then merged the parts on each that I liked, and came up with a 3rd pattern which I will use for the rest of the blocks.......(It's the block in the middle and definitely muchier and pineappleier than the others)


I have also been working on my gnome garden in the back yard....I moved the Gnomes into my mulberry tree because they said they had been commuting too far everyday to come to work at the barn.....lol


Now all they have to do is walk a little ways to get to work.....


...my sweet SIL, Kathy, bought them a tractor to help with their pumpkin crop......

....and everyone knows that all work and no play makes for unhappy gnomes so I am working on a fishing/swimming hole for them.....I used an old acrylic water kit I had for making "fake water" in floral containers and even though it has been more than 24 hours it still hasn't set completely.  (Kathy painted the watermelon slice for my yard too! She used a slice from a pine tree)
  I used clear caulk sealer and otherwise the same material to make the river and it's been dry for awhile now...I may have to start at square one with the swimming hole if it doesn't set soon because I have a real turtle that I don't want getting stuck, so for now, it is out of his reach.
 


.....and I have to admit that here it is nearly the middle of the month and I am working on new projects instead of WOOFA projects but I'm not worried, because I have said I will have the vintage quilt repair finished by end of August and I will!  (I am just waiting for "the last minute" because I do best during that time.....lol...)


9 comments:

Cheryll said...

What a FuN way to send some time... on your gnome village... it's fantastic.
Love the pineapple blocks too... and I'd be happy to have any one of them in my quilt...xox

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida oh I love your blocks they are such happy colourful ones,well done,oh wow love your gnome corner,stay safe and take care my friend xx

Maria said...

Your blocks on the left is my favorite Ida and thats how Pineapple blocks are made...
Your Gnome village is so cute..

Lin said...

Yes I like your hybrid pineapple much more than the other two - great work. What fun you are having in the garden! xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What fun pineapple-eee blocks! But I have to say the gnomes made me say awww right out loud (and now I have 'heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to work I go' stuck in my head).

Needled Mom said...

I love those pineapple blocks and the Raggety one is perfect for you! Your gnome garden is so cute. So much thought has gone into it. Yes.....no turtles in that pool, please!

Sheryl said...

Your pineapple blocks are lovely, very colourful and all different. I like the one in the middle best and to me the cut off points look fine. Amazing garden you are creating.

QuiltGranma said...

Yup, throw all those pineapples together and have a lovely smoothie! (giggle) Love your gnome garden, I covet the tractor! Where did she find it?

Hilachas said...

Awe, I love the door in the mulberry tree and the whole new setting. Is that tractor that Kathy gave you the one I think it is. I like the huge watermelon slice. As for the pineapple blocks, they each have their good points, even though you said one of them had the points cut off. I like them all.