Translate

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Long Time Gone Progress

Yesterday I was so proud of finishing my WOOFA project for August early so I rewarded myself by completing a few more blocks for Long Time Gone before I start my WOOFA project for September.................
I made the 4 quarter cabins which will be placed as you see below, next to 3 of the crosses of the UK blocks and 4 of the pineapple blocks.  The quilt calls for sashing and checkerboard fillers in between sections..........




I also made 9 courthouse steps blocks, which go in various locations of the quilt.........these 3 will be placed next to 9 of the pineapple blocks and the other 3 crosses of the UK, like so....(notice more of the checkerboard filler and sashing)


here are the other 2 courthouse step blocks.........I realized too late that I had placed the center patch with Raggedy Ann and Andy in the wrong direction so I will probably try to remedy that today............. 



Today I will work on some HST blocks and an Around the World Block and some Churn Dash blocks to add to the sections.............
Here is an image of the quilt from the book cover.....




8 comments:

Cheryll said...

You've made heaps of progress on your project...
and CoNGraTs on completing your WOOFA for the month...xox

Hilachas said...

Moving right along on your LTG blocks. Soon you’ll be ahead of me. I am now madly cutting out parts for the next blocks trying desperately to keep my lead. I’m so happy you’re doing this with me. It gives me the impetus to keep going. At least mine will work for my WOOFA even though it’s not complete. It IS a UFO I dug up and need to work on.

Needled Mom said...

It was great to see what the “big picture “ will become. You are making great progress on it. It’s going to be fabulous. Congratulations on getting your antique quilt finished.

Lin said...

Coming along nicely - your sashing fabric works well. xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida well done my friend on all your beautiful work and for finishing your woofa project early. Oh I love the quote at the end ,lol,sounds like me lol xx

Maria said...

Sew good to see a picture of your quilt when you complete all the blocks....looking great.
Good luck finishing your vintage quilt.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That's going to be an incredible quilt! Looking forward to watching your progress. And thank you for that great quote - it's SO fitting.

Barb said...

Wow, you were really productive. I loved seeing everything that you are working on but right now I am tired just from reading your post....ha ha.