Translate

Friday, August 21, 2020

Obsession has taken hold.....

I don't know how it happened......my sister, Irene, from Hilachas tried to get me involved in making the "Long Time Gone? quilt several years ago and even gave me a copy of the book, which I "filed" away in my "someday" bin........so a couple of weeks ago when I decided to re-organize my sewing room I came across the book and suddenly I was hooked!  I even found a photo I had downloaded last year when I was searching for sampler quilts that turned out to be a variation of LTG..........wouldn't ya know?

So you all know I have been working on pineapple blocks, which are part of the LTG.......16 of them!  I finished the pineapples and decided to do the LTG in sections.  One of the pineapple sections had 3 of the 6 "Crosses of the U.K." so my next obsession was getting those done...........these 3 will go above the 9 pineapple blocks and below the churn dash blocks so I will set them aside. 


the other three have already been stitched to the 4-section piece of pineapples...........


I am using the rust color as my over-all background color.  The pattern calls for checkerboard pieces which are used as fillers.........

here is the 9-piece pineapple section which will go below the 3 crosses of the U.K. which I had set aside earlier


and these 3 pineapples will go into another section



....So now I am at a stopping point on this and I have noted that August is more than half over so I have a commitment (to myself) to finish the repair on the Vintage Quilt so that's what I'm going to do starting tomorrow...........(Scarlet O'Hara assured me that "tomorrow is another day" and this plan will work).........

I mentioned my Sis earlier and I am happy to say that she has recently joined WOOFA after I told her what a good group it is and how motivating......she has listed her projects and, among them, is a "Dear Jane" quilt that she has almost finished (started back in 2011).  If you get a chance.....check out her blog at HILACHAS


Thursday's Thought-Quilters are Not Greedy... - Pink Polka ...






9 comments:

Cheryll said...

It feels great when we make progress on forgotten projects... & this one will be fantastic.
Good on your sister for inspiring you to DO IT...xox

Maria said...

Looks like very good progress on your long term UFO...
good luck working on the vintage quilt.

Helen said...

How marvellous that your sister inspired you to finish this quilt it is going to be a beauty.

Lin said...

Such a lot going on in that quilt - I love how yours is coming along. xx

Hilachas said...

I’m glad you got busy sewing the Long Time Gone quilt. Soon you’ll be ahead of me on that one. I know we’re not creating another UFO, right? I like how the rust color looks as your background.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida oh you have been busy my friend,well done on your beautiful work and how lovely your sister is joining in with us all,stay safe and take care my friend xx

Needled Mom said...

Those new blocks look fabulous. Of course, I LOVE those pineapple blocks. Who needs friends when you have a motivating sister??? I often quote Scarlet, especially when she says she will “think about that tomorrow “.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Don't you just love it when a new obsession takes hold? I'm still obsessed over landscapes and I don't see that ending anytime soon because there are so many inspiring photos crying out to be recreated in fabric. Love your quote!!

Lynette said...

You are on a roll! I've been loving all of your blog posts. You've got more going on than I could do in a year!! He he...glad you are having fun with it all.