Translate

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Halfway there and a new place for gnomes...........

I have half of the flannel squares quilted and sewn together in groups of 4.  This way I'm able to do the quilting in a complete circle and hopefully add more stability to the rag quilt.



These 32 squares are all ready to be sewn together and make one half of the quilt.  After my regular sewing scissors began creating blisters I ordered some rag quilt snippers which will be delivered today.



 Last week my friend Mary Ann posted a link which I was more than elated to try to re-create on this sad tub which I had been unable to grow my ice plant it............


This is a daylight shot.....still not sure if I will leave the solar lights on it as it really has way more lights than needed and looks a bit overdone during the day.....


But is is rather sweet at night........I think I will try to get a different idea for lighting it ......maybe a solar spotlight will work better........









5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh wow! That fairyland is adorable! How I wish we had space for something similar but our balcony is just too small. So glad you were able to use one of the links I found.
And I love the circles - tricky to sew I imagine, but very pretty.

Needled Mom said...

Your g one garden is so sweet, especially with the lights on. Those circles are looking great! The rag snips really make a huge difference.

Sheryl said...

Interesting rag quilt in the makes, I like the colours and the pattern. Cute and unusual garden.

Lin said...

Great work on the quilt and sweet garden. xx

Barb said...

I have not tried the circle rag quilt....can't wait to see it finished.