Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2020

FNWF and Wow! This is amazing!

 I quilted the first section of my double sided T-shirt quilt today and I am Soooooooo happy with how it went.  I used my quilting foot and did just a simple diagonal stitch spaced a little more than 2 inches apart.

Here is the main side:



....and here is the back side...



I used a variegated blue/white/gray thread on the main side and a variegated gray/white on the back.  I will probably quilt each section in the opposite direction of the section it attaches to.

and here is the Wow!...This is amazing! part of the post.....
I have had this water soluble marking pen for two or three years and I don't think I've ever used it .....til now.......

I started marking my quilting lines with a blue marking pencil when my eyes fell upon this marking pen........I tested it out on a white T-shirt scrap and it came right out when I sprayed it with water!  I didn't even have to rub!........

Here are the quilt lines I marked before spraying with water:


\
..and here they are after spraying with water!


I'm sure I'm probably the only one who didn't realize how wonderful these water soluble pens are but I will certainly take advantage of mine from now on!

I'm linking up with Friday Night With Friends today hosted by lovely Cheryll.........please click on THIS LINK to go see what other friends have done today!


 




8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your quilt looks great! Just a wee word of warning about some marking pens - even tho' the marks seemingly go away sometimes they do come back over time. Not saying that particular pen is one of the guilty ones but out of an abundance of caution I wouldn't use it on something that's totally light in colour.

Karen's Korner said...

Your t-shirt quilt is coming together beautifully. Well done. I love "discovering" a new item to use in the sewing room.

Raewyn said...

Well done on the progress on your quilt Ida. I have one of those pens too and find it a great help!! Happy quilting.

Lin said...

Nice work on the quilting Ida. Yes, I have been using those pens for years but have now moved on to using Frixion pens as they give a finer line. As with the watersoluble pens you need to check first that they do come out on the fabric you are using but so far I have had no problems. xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida gee this quilt is coming along beautifully I have never used one of these pens,well done my friend xx

Maria said...

Your quilting looks great . Nice to find a helpful pen...

Chris said...

I have a whole drawer full of marking pens and pencils. Too bad I seldom finish a quilt so I could use them. And I can never find the Frixion pens to mark for back basting. They are elusive things.

Cheryll said...

I'm so pleased for you that all went well.
Thanks for stopping in for FNwF too...xox