Translate

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Of Silk Purses and Sow's Ears...............

 I thought I would show you the latest on the Sow's Ear to Silk Purse swap............

I made another sewing carry-all with the unloved fabric I got from Barbara.........Barb loves everything Native American so I did this for her...




 the multi-colored stripe is the "sow's ear" fabric Barb sent.........I had the Native American Print, which just happened to match perfectly.  



Both sides have the Kokopelli machine embroidery emblem, which I carried on onto the Needle book and I have made a new pattern template for each one I've done, depending on the fabric and design I decide on......I was trying to make this one look like a Native American Pot but it sort of turned out just looking like a little bag.....lol...




I am so glad my lovely friend, Shez, made one of these earlier in the year and I took the idea from her....thanks again Shez!





9 comments:

Cheryll said...

That's a fantastic use of unloved fabric... & teamed with yours it made a wonderful gift.
Love it...xox

Needled Mom said...

That is beautiful in those fabrics. Your work is lovely. I have mine in the car with me right now. And am putting it to good use.

Lin said...

Oooh that is gorgeous! Lovely use of the stripy fabric and so lucky that it matched your print. xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This turned out great! I think you did achieve the effect of a pot even though it is a bag. Good job!

Maria said...

Such a great gift you made with the stripy "Sow's Ear" fabric....

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida wow this bag is amazing ,i love your choice of fabrics for this,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, the work you put into that. What amazing work you did. LOOOOVVVEE it!!

Fiona said...

Great use of that fabric.... wonderful result
Hugz

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh, that is great use of the fabric and you’ve made a wonderful bag!
I’ve always loved that pattern but never made one, maybe one day.
Well done Ida, fantastic work!
Hugs,
Barbara xx