Translate

Friday, October 23, 2020

Winter Spice Flannel Curves (Circles) is done!

 


I am really great with deadlines....and I definitely subscribe to that quote, "if it wasn't for the last minute nothing would ever get done"...
that's me........
Anyway.....I was really wanting to get the Flannel Circles Rag quilt 
(Sounds better than Flannel Curves Rag quilt, right?) 
finished before I leave to spend a week with Mom and I stayed up til nearly 4 in the morning today and got my finish!

Front....



I decided to go with a scrap-pieced border and originally was going to rag the border too but since the pieces are different sizes from the quilt blocks I thought it would detract from the quilt design so I sewed the border right sides together (except in the corners).

Here's the back.....





I made sure not to touch any of the same fabric on the border to the blocks on the front but really didn't pay attention to the back and I see there are a few on the back that touch but.......ah well....

....I didn't do any additional quilting....thought the circles were plenty since the batting is held in on the seams of each block.





I love the Boho colors in this throw, which measures 51x51 inches........it is ready to accompany me with my sofa lounging......and I can check off one more on my WOOFA challenge list!





7 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Yes, chocolate is a SALAD. LOVE your quilt too. It looks so soft.

Fiona said...

That looks fabulous ... a double sided quilt....I bet it is wonderfully snuggly too...
Hugz

Lin said...

Great finish Ida - it looks very snuggly! xx

Needled Mom said...

That looks really nice. I do like the border choice. I’ll bet it feels fabulous when you are snuggled under it. Have a nice visit with you mom.

Maria said...

Well done with the lovely snugly Circle Quilt....

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You mean chocolate hasn't been a salad all along? Who knew?
You should be happy with your quilt - it looks so snuggly and warm and perfect for cuddling under while you're eating salad.

Cheryll said...

I love the fact that the borders are different... FaNTasTiC WOOFA finish too...
arhhh... chocolate really IS gOOd for you...xox