Translate

Friday, September 4, 2020

FNWF............ T-shirt goings on...........

Here it is Friday night in Texas USA and all my blogging friends on the other side of the world have already had their FNFW.....but not with out me!   I still feel like they are right here working right along beside me!  Thanks to lovely Cheryl for organizing FNWF to help us all be crafty and bloggy!

So this is my first FNWF and I spent most of the evening working on the T-Shirt quilt.  I have the backing on 10 T-shirt fronts and have done some additional backing on smaller pieces which I will use as filler pieces.




My son gave me so many shirts that I am going to put them on both sides.....I am also using left over pieces to embroider other filler pieces...........these still need the iron on backing to keep them from stretching when I sew them together.....


This pile still needs backing ironed on, as well.......


On Sunday I will be going to stay with my Mom for a week so I won't be able to work on the T-shirt quilt....just too much bulk to take with but I have a tote already packed with all my Long Time Gone Fabric which I will work on at Moms..........


So that's it for now...........

You can go over to Cherylls page and see what everyone else worked on during FNWF






Do you ever look at something cool and say









15 comments:

Lin said...

There are some brilliant t shirt designs around and this is a great way of preserving them. You have made a good start. Have a lovely time away with your Mum. xx

Helen said...

What a great idea making tshirt quilts eagerly waiting to see the finished top.

Maria said...

I was still stitching tonight with you Ida...
You have made great progress with the TShirts for putting together.
Great to have something to sew at Mums .. have a lovely time .

Needled Mom said...

Getting the shirts all prepped is about the hardest part of the T shirt quilts. Your tote is awfully cute and looks well packed.

Cheryll said...

Your T-Shirt quilt will be wonderful... & have a fantastic time at your Mums too.
Thanks for stopping in for your 1st FNwF... I hope you enjoyed it... xox

Susan said...

Welcome to FNWF - there certainly are lots of T shirts - will be a lovely memory for your son.

Hilachas said...

You’re moving right along with that t-shirt quilt. It will be done before you know it. I haven’t worked on my Gone Too Long, ummmm Too Long Gone Blokus. I’ve been busy doing “stuff.” I idon’t know exactly what, but I have been busy. I need to get back to my blocks before you catch up with me. I like your tote bag.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida this shirt quilt is going to look awesome and I love the bag that the quilt is in to take to your mums,well done on all your beautiful work xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Welcome to FNWF. Loving sewing with you. Your TShirt quilt is going to be great! I hope you enjoy your time with your Mum x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I have some t-shirts set aside from the last quilt I made for #1 grandson but not enough to make another quilt. Had been picking them up when we went thrifting but that's not happening these days so guess the next quilt will just have to wait awhile longer.

Christine M said...

I hope you enjoyed your first FNWF. It's always fun to stitch along with friends. Your tee shirt quilt will be fabulous.

Barb said...

What a wonderful quilt for your son, it will be fabulous when you get it done. Have fun with mom.

Susie H said...

Welcome to FNwF! I too am a little behind on the time being from IL. I think the T-Shirt quilt is going to please your son so much, both back & front! Wondering where you Mom lives that you'll be gone a week. Since you're taking your Long Time Gone, I'm going to guess maybe your mother sews too? I think that would be so nice since my mother doesn't even sew on her own buttons! Lol! Hope to see you next month!

Susie H said...

PS My sister lives in TX. Sherman to be precise!

Sheryl said...

I like the idea of a T- shirt quilt - wonder how you will match the different pieces, this will be interesting,