Translate

Monday, September 21, 2020

Working on the back of the T-shirt quilt.....

I finished sewing the T-shirt quilt top into 5 sections.  Now I just need to finish putting the iron-on stabilizer onto the blocks for the back.  The photo on the right shows all the blocks that have stabilizer on them.......I ran out of stabilizer today and won't get any in until Wednesday....grrrr....(couldn't find it locally...they were out, so had to mail order)

      

Ok.......so this is what the back of the front looks like.......My (latest) plan for placing the back blocks is to try to place them by section......(if you look close you can see the 5 sections)

....anyway......I have these blocks left to put the stabilizer onto....(about 15 more).....these are not as large as the blocks on the front, which numbered 30,  and they still need to be trimmed......so they should fit....

.......and while I wait I seem to find more embroidery patterns to add........I have LOTS of T-shirt scraps....many are still pretty large....so I find myself making more blocks.......I do plan to use the scraps to make borders, as well..........


well.......that's the latest on the T-shirt quilt.........since I have to wait til Wednesday for my stabilizer maybe I'll switch gears and try to make a block for my Long Time Gone quilt tomorrow..........

3 comments:

Lin said...

You are making great progress with this Ida and it's looking good. It's annoying when you are on a roll to have to change gear but maybe doing something else will be a nice break. xx

Maria said...

You are making great progress with the T Shirt project.
Look forward to seeing it all done.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That's one thing about t-shirt quilts - they eat up a lot of stabilizer. Necessary stuff though.
Love the quote!!!