Translate

Thursday, September 17, 2020

WOOFA T-shirt Quilt Progress...

 I got all the t-shirts backed with the iron-on stabilizer and have them laid-out like I think I want them.  It looks like I will be able to quilt it in 2 or 3 sections...maybe 4. It all depends on the backing layout.  For now I will start sewing the front sections together and see how it goes...

I didn't want a perfect grid layout but more of an interlocking hodge-podge layout as above.  I am, as we speak,  working on an embroidery piece that will fit in the blank spot on the upper right side of the New Orleans T-shirt front.

The back side will be made from other meaningful T-shirts and embroidery pieces using the left-over pieces of T-shirts from the Harley Davidson shirts.  I don't know yet what that layout will be............but I'm happy with what I have so far on the front...........


6 comments:

Hilachas said...

Alright! Making progress. Choosing a layout is definitely time consuming. It’s gong to be perfect!

Cheryll said...

Looks great so far... good luck with it...xox

Needled Mom said...

That’s going to be great. Getting the setting right is the hardest part in my opinion.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks great! I love tshirt quilts mainly because there's such a wealth of subject matter out there.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida this is going to look awesome,looking forward to seeing this one finished,well done my friend xx

Maria said...

Great progress with the T Shirt quilt top.