Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2020

One more LTG block before heading home.....

 I finished the Plus a Star Block yesterday and will be going home from Mom's today...........


Now I have only 2 more big blocks and one small one to do plus whatever filler blocks are needed to match up all the blocks.

I have been collecting 5 inch charms for awhile and looking at different patterns for charm quilts and have never found something that "speaks" to me until I ran across several clamshell quilts all in one day!  I decided that's what I will attempt to do with all my charms.....

I cut these templates which leave way more than a half inch seam so I may cut some larger ones before I start.  I've always enjoyed stitching hexies so I am hoping this will be similar...........I brought them to Mom's thinking I might have time to stitch a few but stayed interested in LTG.....


There was still fabric left over from the leaf quilt we all made and I found a little time to make a throw pillow to match the quilt and pillow shams.................



 

*{CraftChaos}*: Craft advise and coffee


7 comments:

Hilachas said...

Nice LTG block. Looks pretty. I like the beautiful cushion you made to match Mama’s quilt. Perfect! Can’t wait to see how your clamshell turns out.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida lovely block,oh wow the cushion for your mum looks awesome I love it,and such a pretty colour,and it looks fantastic sitting on the bed with the beautiful quilt. Like Irene I can't wait to see your clamshells,take care my friend xx

Cheryll said...

I LoVe your little throw pillow... sooo cute...
Looking forward to your clam shell project too...xox

Maria said...

Great block and the charm square fabrics looks nice for your clams...
lovely throw cushion and shams ...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great block and the clamshells will be wonderful for a charm quilt. I am stitching Applecores as a charm quilt. I love your sweet cushion x

Lin said...

I keep meaning to do some clamshells - I have the papers, just need the time! xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the clamshells - should be fun! And your little pillow is a perfect add on to your quilt.