Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Sewing at Mom's....

I brought my Long Time Gone fabric/scraps to Mom's and have finished 3 new blocks.  I finished HST block #1 and HST block#3 and Jacob's Ladder block....

Here is HST #1 made with 2.5 inch HSTs



And HST #3 made with 2 inch HSTs.....



....and finally Jacob's ladder.....


I had to bring out the seam ripper for Jacobs ladder. After I had finished it I noticed I had sewn 2 of the 4-patch pieces backwards....can you see the mistake on the "before" photo below?



 I still need the Plus a Star Block, the 60 degree triangle blocks and the last flying geese block and I'll be ready to sew the flimsy together!

The weather here at Mom's has been cold the last couple of days but tomorrow it is supposed to be nice so I'll get Mom out for a drive.  We won't stop anywhere because of COVID but she enjoys the ride.






 

7 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida lovely work my friend well done,bummer with the wrongly sewn ones ,enjoy your time with your mum,glad it's warming up for you,take care my friend xx

Needled Mom said...

You are so close to being finished with it. The blocks look just fabulous too. That’s a lot of HST stitching. Enjoy your mom visit. I’m sure she loves seeing you and your sisters come.

Hilachas said...

WELL, you will be happy to know that you will the the Long Time Gone winner since I’m in Keller, TX right now and will be leaving for California tomorrow for two weeks so won’t be able to finish my last block before you finish yours. I just need to sew the flying geese blocks together. Also, my blocks are in two different places. So, enough with the excuses. Good job you’re doing! WTG!

Maria said...

You've sewn many lovely blocks at Mums... I think we always need to do some ripper ! 😬
Hope you both enjoyed your drive.

Sheryl said...

Great work Ida, how pretty these have turned out.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

My Mom taught me to sew too - she, and my grandmother. Sorry about needing to reverse sew but we all do it. Teaches us humility!

Michelle Ridgway said...

You have made some lovely blocks while at your Mums. I hope you enjoyed your drive x