Translate

Monday, September 28, 2020

September WOOFA................Progress with T-shirt quilt...........

Goodness this year is going by fast.......seems like we just said goodbye to August and now September is gone too!    

I have the back of the T-shirt quilt more than half done now.........Since I decided to make it a double sided quilt it is literally like making 2 quilts.........these are all the blocks which will go on the back side of the quilt.  I turned over the front side of the quilt and just laid them where I thought they fit best.

I wasn't sure how to do the back........I thought about using regular fabric to outline the blocks I had and I tried both a dark fabric and a light fabric and didn't like either..............



  So I decided to just add to each block to make it the same size as the front block it will be behind......


  Here is what I have so far......the 3 bottom sections which comprise the bottom half of the quilt are ready to quilt. Once I quilt each of the 5 sections I will sew them together with a quilt as you go method..........(at least that's the plan right now....subject to change if plan A doesn't work like I want it to....lol)

oops....had to edit this post....I forgot to give you all the link to visit the other WOOFA projects at the lovely Cheryll's blog at "GONE STITCHING"....here is is....just click 






 

9 comments:

Lin said...

Seems to be going to plan so far! xx

Sheryl said...

Amazing quilt, I like how it looks now and what a lot of work has gone into it.

Hilachas said...

Good plan moving along with your double t-shirt quilt. Looking good.

Cheryll said...

Great effort so far & it seems to be working too.
Congrats on your WOOFA challenge being progressed...xox

Needled Mom said...

That is a labor of love! It’ll look wonderful and be such a great gift.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida this quilt is going to be awesome,you are doing such beautiful work,well done my friend xx

Maria said...

Great WOOFA project...You are making fabulous progress on the T Shirt quilt...

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's looking great! Someone is going to love snuggling under this, no matter which side is up.

Sum of their Stories said...

This quilt is going to be a work of art once it's finished! Wowza!